Hot bamboo massage is a great way to both relax and promote a strong sense of well-being. Bamboo massage is a technique that incorporates hot bamboo massage sticks of varying lengths and diameters into deep tissue massage and/or bodywork.
Hot bamboo massage benefits include circulation, sensory nerve perception, and lymphatic drainage while the hot bamboo massage sticks induce deep relaxation and a deeper manipulation of the muscles without placing a great amount of strain on hands and fingers of the practitioner (which is great for both of us)!
Bamboo Massage vs. Hot Stone
As with hot stone massages, this hot bamboo massage brings the same warming and soothing effects. The hot bamboo massage sticks stay warmer for a longer amount of time, though, which increases the benefits of having concentrated warmth on your muscles.
Different stick lengths are used during the hot bamboo massage and each one has a different use. Short, thin bamboo sticks are used to target specific trigger points to release tension in precise areas. Smaller muscles also need smaller massage sticks, like those on your hands and feet. Larger, longer bamboo sticks roll over large muscle groups to soothe and relieve tension such as in your legs and back.
How Hot Bamboo Massage Helps Your Well- Being
Like I explored in the post about maintenance massage, the health benefits of massage are physical and mental. Both are important to your body and needed for a healthy lifestyle. Other massage health benefits include calming your nervous system, carrying waste from your body, improving your outlook, enhancing sleep, and decreasing stress and irritability.
Hot bamboo massage will do this and more. They’re perfect for those who like deep tissue massages that my clients receive at my Pittsburgh Eclectic Remedies Massage Studio to relieve chronic muscle tension, but want to get even deeper. The warmth of the hot bamboo sticks helps the muscles loosen up and the small, precise surface area makes it easier to get into hard-to-reach places that may carry a great amount of tension from not being properly manipulated.
Hot Bamboo Massage Benefits for Your Body
What are the benefits of getting a therapeutic massage like a hot bamboo massage? The physical benefits of massage include:
- increased circulation to remove toxins and built-up fluid. A massage helps in weight loss. It’s a natural detox for your lymphatic system. If you’re trying to detox or lose weight, adding massage to your routine is a great way to support your goals.
- decreased tension in the muscles. The intensive kneading and gentle warming of your muscles will undo any knots you feel from repetitive motions. Your range of motion will expand, too. A hot bamboo massage is the perfect sports massage. For office workers or anyone in front of a computer, those muscles become heavy and tired with sitting and a hot bamboo massage will help to stretch and invigorate them.
Hot Bamboo Massage Benefits for Your Mind
Massage of all kinds from lymphatic to thai herbal poultice, the mental health benefits of massage in a very stressful world cannot be overlooked:
- improved sleep quality and likelihood of insomnia decreases
- increased mental clarity and concentration – always needed in our go-go-go world
- feel-good energies that are released by endorphins to help with stress management. To borrow a phrase from Elle Woods: endorphins make you happy and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands. Even if you aren’t at risk for this, we could all benefit from some mood-stabilizing hormones cycling through our bodies!
Hot bamboo massage benefits are excellent for when you want to soothe tired, sore muscles with heat therapy and physical manipulation. You’ll experience a deep sense of relief and relaxation. Your body and mind will thank you!
Overwhelmed by the daily stress of work, family and other responsibilities? Book today your relaxing massage at the Eclectic Remedies Massage Studio in Pittsburgh and start experiencing the mental and physical benefits of massage therapy.
Photo credit: MaxPixel.net