You know that feeling of, “Oh, good gracious, I need a massage right now!”
This feeling comes usually after you’ve increased your workout routine, have been doing something physical that you don’t normally do (like moving or intense yard work), or you’ve just been sitting at a desk for too long. With a body maintenance massage therapy, though, you’re able to prevent that extremely uncomfortable feeling of needing a massage this instant. Your body will have a great response and you’ll actually feel longer lasting effects of your massage the more often you schedule one.
What is Maintenance Massage?
Simply stated, a maintenance massage is a regularly scheduled massage appointment that clients schedule at my Eclectic Remedies Massage Studio in the Regent Square neighborhood in Pittsburgh.
Think of it like an oil change for your car. When you routinely get your car’s oil changed, your vehicle performs better, gets better gas mileage, and you prevent a really big catastrophe from happening, like driving around without oil in your engine.
A maintenance massage works the same way. You reap the health benefits of massage and your body performs even better because you’ve scheduled this maintenance massage for yourself. You’ve also prevented something big from happening, like a muscle injury because you’ve taken care of your physical body.
Benefits of Frequent Massage
The physical and health benefits of frequent massage are even more powerful the more often you schedule a maintenance massage.
First, the biggest health benefit of a maintenance massage is what a massage does for your muscles.
- First there is the full body massage benefit: You’ll begin to experience a great deal of relaxation in your body. Tight, cramped muscles will be soothed.
- Another benefit of regular massage includes an improvement in motion range because of the regular stretching of connective tissues in your body.
- You can also expect a decrease in muscle fatigue and an improvement in physical strength because you’re able to repeat motions, like lifting weights, for a longer period of time without straining yourself.
A few other benefits of a regular massage include increased blood flow and circulation, improved lymphatic drainage that carries waste away from the muscles and other organs, calming of the nervous system, and speed healing time from injury.
Mental Benefits of Frequent Massages
There are also numerous mental benefits of a frequent massage.
- First and foremost, you’ll feel an improved sense of well-being. Common stressors won’t feel that bad anymore and you’ll be able to address issues with more grace and mental clarity.
- In addition, you’ll experience improved concentration in both quality and quantity of time spent. People who get frequent massages have a better outlook on life.
- Finally, don’t overlook the improvement in sleep. When you schedule maintenance massages, your sleep is a lot more restful length because of the consistent physical relaxation and improved mental outlook.
- Finally, you’ll experience less irritation, stress, and anxiety throughout the day.
In today’s pandemic world where stress is even more of a threat to our bodies and minds, it’s important to take care of your body and scheduling a maintenance massage is one of the best ways to do that.
Frequently getting a massage isn’t frivolous. Think of it as doing something great that your body needs. At the end of the day, you’re actually preventing illnesses, injuries, and stress that could turn into big health problems and issues down the road.
After almost every massage, clients often say, “I feel so relaxed now!”
That’s because they’ve taken time for themselves. Reap the healthy benefits of massage TODAY by scheduling a monthly massage maintenance for yourself.